Monday, May 14, 2012

Introduction & Welcome

Hello there!
Since this is my first post, I've decided to show my current outdoor project. I'm growing plants! This is a fairly big deal, since right now I'm living in a base housing complex with no garden plots. So yes, all of my plants are in containers. Because of that, right now I'm focusing on mostly flowers, with the exception of dill and green beans. Although, I am seriously toying with the idea of growing several different veggies but more on that later.

So here's a list of what I'm growing so far:
- Petunias (multiple)
- Lobelia (2)
- French marigold (1)
- Impatiens (1 big plant)
- Dianthus (multiple)
- African Violet
- A Unknown Plant (if anyone can recognize this plant, please let me know!)
- Dahlias (6)
- Dill (2 small containers)
- Green Beans (2 small containers)




 First, the plants I am currently keeping inside:


Pink Impatiens

African Violet
French Marigold

Not shown: a beautiful deep purple petunia I have growing in my kitchen
Now, the outside plants:


 Dahlias. Thank you to my Dad for sending me these bulbs from Bailey Island, ME. My great-grandmother originally started growing these on the island and the family has been growing them since. Now they are in south carolina, who would have guessed! I know that probably I am now growing them in optimum conditions, but it's the best I can do under the circumstances and little funds.

All of my plants lined up, there is another planter box and four more containers on the other side of the impatiens, plus three small containers with a red danthius each (see below picture).



Purple and white impatiens. These were originally in a hanging pot, but I transplanted them because they were doing poorly. I switched the petunias and danthius I had in this pot and put it in the hanging plant. Hopefully this will work better since these needs some shade, while the petunias and danthius plenty of sun.

This is the unknown plant. It looked like it was near death at the store, so I bought to revive it. Any one know what it is?!

Random shot of my dog being silly.

Petunias and Danthius hanging from the mailbox post, where the sun almost always shines. They seem to have taken to their new location very nicely.

I hope to get more plants soon, after all I still have a lot of left over soil!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogging! I love your blog! Thank you for following my blog. I couldn't find the Google Friend Connect on your blog to follow you but I did add you to my favorites folder. I hope you enjoy your adventure!

    ReplyDelete